Author Topic: support  (Read 94 times)

lixiaoyao1994

• View Profile
support
« on: July 24, 2017, 09:51:01 pm »
Many Nike Air Max 90 Womens Pink of those commenting are regular participants – from HilarySutcliffe Nike Air Presto Womens who took Nike Air Max 90 Femme up running  in her 50s and claims to represent the “slow end” of the field (though she does herself a disservice), to Asta, who makes us all laugh with his tales of resolutely/insanely ignoring injuries that really ought to be rested. Race reports or comments come in every week from Australia, Japan, Poland and Sweden to name but a few – and if a regular commenter doesn’t Adidas Superstar Hombre check in, a virtual search party will try to track them Adidas ZX Flux Femme down.

Why does it work? I think it’s because while some people might have friends, family or colleagues interested in hearing about the minutiae of their running adventures, many don’t – and even those with the most committed supporters can find themselves facing blank expressions or eye rolls upon excitedly announcing: “I got a personal best!” So, the blog provides a space where people can Nike Air Max Command Damen talk about the good and the bad of Adidas NMD Donne their running with others going through the same thing, swap tips on treating injuries, or just talk about their favourite shoes.The atmosphere is warm and non-competitive, and the community always celebrates individual achievements – whether it’s a tentative reader making their first foray into commenting, or a speedster reporting on an incredibly fast Nike Air Max 90 Dames Neon Roze race time. My hope is that new readers find the Running Blog a Nike Air Max 2015 Damen source of support. If someone has a question, I always try to help out – but most of the time another commenter has got there first. It is how an online community should be.

That support also works both ways. The Running Blog was born less than a year after my own running journey began with the Couch to 5k app. Since then I have improved quite a lot; in April, I was hoping to run under Nike Air Max Command Womens three hours at the London marathon.

Alas, Nike Air Odyssey Damen Herren I failed to achieve my goal because I injured my quad after 15 miles, as I explained when writing, despondently, about the experience for the blog. The community’s response absolutely floored me. I spent much of the day holding back tears, as I read each comment and felt all the support usually swapped between commenters, directed at me.