Author Topic: on.” But the second you make a choice, thought  (Read 4 times)

yaya2017

• View Profile
on.” But the second you make a choice, thought
« on: February 12, 2019, 02:31:16 am »
Regardless of how tiny living is marketed by the enthusiasts, sustainability was not a major driver for most of the participants in my study. Instead, it was almost an afterthought. It seemingly takes more than changing the size of a home to change the mentality of the Nike Internationalist Femme people who live inside.Megan Carras is a doctoral researcher in Nike Air Max 97 Dames geography and sustainable development at the University of St. Andrews. This article is republished from the Conversation under a Creative Commons license. Read the original article Adidas NMD Mujer here.What’s the one thing on your plate that you’ve been putting Nike React Element 87 Femme off making a decision on?  Whether it’s a simple decision such as choosing which duct-cleaning company to hire or a more complex one such as whether to accept a new job offer, sitting on a decision can make you feel like you’re Nike Air Max 2017 Donne paralyzed. You tell yourself, “that’s enough, just pick one and move on.” But the second you make a choice, thoughts of “am I doing the right thing?” start to flood in.

Amy Morin, psychotherapist and author of 13 Things Mentally Strong Women Don’t Do, says overthinking a decision is not only unproductive www.annasantander.es and hinders you from making any progress, it can also cause some serious health consequences, including increased Adidas ZX 750 Dames anxiety and depression, poor quality of sleep, and unhealthy coping skills such as binge eating.Morin dedicates an entire chapter of her book to the problem of overthinking, and although she says Nike Air Vapormax Femme women tend to overthink Nike Air Presto Herren decisions more than men do, ruminating on a decision has the same negative impacts on both genders.Try these strategies to avoid the negative consequences of overthinking:To avoid over-ruminating about a decision,Nike Air Max 90 Damen  give yourself a time frame to think about it. By telling yourself, “I’m going to make this decision by 2 p.m. today and whatever I decide is going to be fine” means you are giving yourself permission to think about it, but not allowing it to take over other parts of your day.

Morin suggests asking Nike Air Presto Damesyourself what a reasonable amount of time is to be thinking about this issue. If it’s a small issue such as what paint color to paint your office, perhaps a deadline of 10 minutes is sufficient; whereas a larger  decision such as whether to accept a new job offer in another city may warrant a couple of days www.andrewjoslin.co.uk of thought.One  of the problems overthinkers often face is thinking about their problems all day long, or at inopportune times, such as during an important meeting. To avoid this, Morin suggests scheduling a specific time where you give Nike Air Vapormax Damskie yourself the freedom to think about the issue you need to make a decision about. If thoughts about the issue creep into your brain before your scheduled thinking time, telling yourself “No, I’m going to think about that after dinner, not during this meeting” can help you to push those thoughts away,  knowing you’ll come back to it later.