Author Topic: Femme-c-2  (Read 22 times)

caicai2017

• View Profile
Femme-c-2
« on: December 03, 2017, 10:36:32 pm »
I know. Believe me, it was a huge letdown. I didn’Nike Air Max 2017 Womenst know what to do at that point. I was worried that my career could be over. Once again, I turned to my faith, and that’s what really kept me Nike Roshe Run Femme going.
Most of my Division I offers dried up immediately after that — except for two: Nike Air Max 90 Womens Black the ones from New Mexico State and Drake. At the time, Marvin Menzies was the coach at New Mexico State. We’d built Nike Air Max 90 Femme Rose a good relationship throughout the recruiting process, and I appreciated all the time and effort he and his coaches had www.fizelson.fr invested in me. But I just didn’t think Las Cruces would be the right fit for me.
Drake might not have been my first choice, but it was a strong mid-major program. It was also a place where I thought I could really make a difference. The Bulldogs had only made the NCAA Tournament once since the 1971, but they always seemed to be pretty good. But a few days before I was going to commit, Adidas NMD Mujer Drake’s entire coaching staff was fired — and my scholarship offer was revoked.
Just like that, my dream of playing Division I hoops really seemed Nike Air Huarache Mujer to be over. I had to take a step back and really pray about my www.anthonytouma.fr future. My family was worried — they knew how important basketball was to me, and how it had always been my dream to Nike Air Max 90 Mens compete at the D-I level. It felt like the wheels were coming off and we didn’t know what to do. The whole thing showed me just how little control anybody actually has over anything. The only other team that maintained interest in me was a Division II right in my own backyard: The Grand Canyon Antelopes. I had a great relationship with the coaching staff at GCU, but I was always hesitant to commit to being a Lope because I had always envisioned myself playing Division I basketball. But with my options dwindling I Adidas ZX Flux Femme gave GCU a closer look. The fact that the Lopes were still interested, after all my injuries, meant a whole lot to me. After two major knee surgeries and all the rehab that went with them, it was hard to Nike Air Vapormax Femme find people who still believed in me. It had been a while since all those recruiting calls had been coming in every week. Adidas NMD Womens So I was ready to commit to GCU, and I was feeling good about it — but then a few weeks later, before I signed my letter of intent, the entire GCU coaching staff was fired. It felt like the end of the road. I figured it was a sign. I remember praying, “Lord, if this basketball thing is for me, please provide an opportunity.”